Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lord You Are With Us!

I have always loved this poem. I share this with you because the Lord wants you know that He is walking with you. He has never left you. Your name is written in the palm of His hand. Rest in the comfort of knowing He called you, He ordained you, and He is keeping you!
Footprints in the Sand


What a comfort to know the footprints
in the sand are those of our Lord

as he carries us through our times of greatest need!
One night I had a dream—
I dreamed I was walking along the beach
with the Lord and across the sky
flashed scenes from my life, For each
scene, I noticed two sets of footprints
in the sand; one belonged to me, and
the other to the Lord.
When the last scene of my life flashed
before me, I looked back at the footprints
in the sand. I noticed that many
times along the path of my life, there
was only one set of footprints. I also
noticed that it happened at the very lowest
and saddest times in my life.
This really bothered me, and I questioned
the Lord about it…
"Lord, you said, that once I decided to
follow you, you would walk with me
all the way, but I have noticed that
during the most troublesome times in
my life there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why in times when I needed you most,
you should leave me."
The Lord replied, "My precious, precious
child, I love you and I would never,
never leave you during your times of
trial and suffering."
"When you saw only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."
AUTHOR UNKNOWN

4 comments:

alisa jackson said...

How wonderferful it is to know that the Lord has always been there, but the thing is remembering he is there when you are going throught those tough times. You feel so alone during these times its hard to remember he is there. It is when he brings you out, that you know it was only him that could have been there.

One/w God said...

Our God is Faithful. This is a word that holds true in whatever walk of life you are in with the Lord , Cause before we knew Him He still carried us until we looked up and saw "Daddy" holding us in His arms. How wonderful of a reminder of His Sovereign love for us.

Sovereign said...

This peom probably touched me in every area of my life,because many times in my life I felt like no one understood the pain that I felt internal and external and at that point it likes you walk around crying in the inside day and night and wanting someone to empty out all the hurts, worries, and fustration out, but in reality an nature human being doesnt have the power to that, BUT our Lord and Savior, but also at that time we fail to realize all we have to do is surrender what we know and heard and just let the Lord carries us, and not leaning to our understanding but trusting in the Lord and knowing that he is in the midst when it seems like nobody cares and when nobody there.

A NU ME!!!!! said...

I want to say that this poem really gave me something to think bout cause it is sooooo true jus thinkin in my life when times I don't know how I made it God had to have been carrying me cause me alone should have lost my mine but I'm still hear by the grace of God.I alone know that there's people that couldn't have made it this far but jus think if God wasn't on ur side and carrying u through the storm and rain sometimes where would we be???