Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Got GUTS

Youth with GUTS is a ministry birthed to reach the youth of today and the parents alike!

GUTS stands for Give Up The Sin.

I am challenging all "Christians" to wake up and see that the enemy is stealing, killing and destroying our children, families, ministries, marriages, friendships, and Destiny. How is he doing this? He is doing this through SIN.

I would like to inform you that there is virus on the loose. You can catch it at first touch. People dealing with this virus may not have any symptoms for days or weeks. This virus is a silent killer! It has no respect to race or gender, nor does it have respect for social class. It destroys and kills anything or anybody that it comes in contact with. The virus is not AIDS it is called SIN!

It attacks your mind, your body and your heart. You could live a normal life and never realize that you have the virus.If someone told you that you had cancer you would not reply "thanks for telling me". NO! You would be asking questions a mile a minute.

Romans 3:23 (TNIV) says that "... all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard."

This is not a rare virus. That's the good thing because the word of God confirms that it is something we all deal with. The word of God also gives us instructions on how to fight off this virus.

So lets look at what you need to do to protect yourself:

1- Trust that Jesus Christ died for your sin and therefore if you believe in him, you shall not die but have everlasting life. You have to trust that Jesus is your only hope of salvation from this virus called sin.

2- Confess you sins to the father & keep your account with God short. I read this someone once and it helped me understand that on my walk in life I will make mistakes. The key is confession and repentance. Repentance means to turn away from the sin. As you become more aware of sin in your life, you will confess these sins to God so that you can have a good relationship with God. You do not want to create a grocery list of sin with the Father. This is a term I heard used before- "spiritual breathing". Every one of us must practice spiritual breathing. This means that keep your relationship with God healthy and connected.

3- Invest in a Bible and USE IT! Psalm 119: 11 says "I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."

"The Bottom Line" is that you have to want to live. You could be walking around every day and yet dying. Allow Jesus Christ to come into your heart so that he can be your helper. God hates sin!!!! If you grow comfortable with sin it will destroy your life.

So why is this important for the Youth? Do you have GUTS to walk away from destruction? I was not born a saint and as I blog more I will share my testimony with the youth of this world. I had to come to a place in my life where nothing else mattered but life eternally with the Father!

I realize that a lot of sin is fun; otherwise so many people would not be sinning! The thing you have to realize is that it was our sin that hung Jesus to the cross.

I encourage you to watch the Passion of the Christ- Watch it & see the blows to His body and the lashes to His back. As you watch it, note that that lash and that one and yes that one..... that one.... that one.... help us Lord... that one... and that one... all of the lashes he bore was for you and I!

I love you but Jesus loves you more! That is why I say GIVE UP THE SIN!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greeting my sister in Christ
The love of God has truely invaded our hearts and caused a over night transformation to take place.GUTS take this region for the kingdom of God,b/c He said I will do a new thing will you not know it.Consercate youself for tomorrow the Lord will do amazging things among you.A generation that will change the world one prayer at a time.Welcome to youe new beginnings.
Ann S

Anonymous said...

Everything you said in there was so true...that was really good because i myself would just like to GUTS! Yeah you may come to church but yet the minute you walk out...you are still right back doing the same sin that you were doing before you came to church.