Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Lamp on a Stand

"If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”

Pastor Sherry asked, “what are you hearing when you read Mark 4:21-23.”
Mark 4: 21-22- He said to them, “Do you bring in a lamp to put it under a bowl or a bed? Instead, don’t you put it on its stand? 22- For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open.”

When I received the text, I begin to look around my bedroom. The room was dark with a little light from my bedroom window. At that time I was making up the bed with that light from the window. Afterward I walked over and turned on the lamp. I look at the bed and it was a big lump in the middle of the bed. I did not see that lump with the small light from the window but the lamp lit up the room and it revealed the lump in the bed.
I thought “a lamp exposes and brings revelation”. The amplified version of this passage reads:
22[[b]Things are hidden temporarily only as a means to revelation.] For there is nothing hidden except to be revealed, nor is anything [temporarily] kept secret except in order that it may be made known.
We must search to walk in the light of the word. Revelation will come when we walk in the light of the word. Things that were hidden from us will be revealed. The mysteries will be opened up to us because we are looking at it with clarity instead under a dim light.
This reminds me of renewing the mind. When we operated in the flesh our minds were viewing life with the light being under the bowl of sin. Once we came into the “light”, things that were hidden from our natural eyes were no longer hidden. The “lumps” in our life could be seen. We began to walk in wisdom and revelation. In return we began to understand and know Jesus more!

My ears hear- Lord give me wisdom and revelation to know you better. Let the light of your word shine so that all that has been concealed and hidden may be brought out into open and disclosed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was good. Many times its difficult to allow our light to shine due to fear of what we will see. But I am learning that Father does not want to hurt us, but free us and bless us. Thank you for light always shining in my life.