Thursday, November 27, 2008

“Faith moves mountains but the presence of God melts them”

My letter to the Father…….

Hey Daddy…… I am writing to have a heart to heart. It’s funny because you have a way of getting my full attention. The reality is that as long as I keep trying to do it my way I will keep hitting the brick wall.

The Father’s response…. “Yes I told you ….. – Trust in me with all your heart and lean not on your on understanding"- Ps. 3:5.

Well that is why I writing. I can not go on until I hear from you.

It’s funny because I remember you telling me that you will not put more on me than I can bear. Well you must trust me A LOT!

The Father’s response…..Too much is given must is required. Do not become nearsighted and blind by looking at your current situation."

How have I become near sighted and blind?

The Father’s response…… “Read 2 Peter 1”

So are you telling me that I must make a effort to add to my FAITH goodness, and to GOODNESS, knowledge, and to KNOWLEDGE, self-control; and SELF-CONTROL, perseverance; and to PERSEVERANCE, godliness; and to GODLINESS, mutual affection; and to MUTUAL AFFECTION, LOVE!

Okay I get it. If I do not do the above, I will be nearsighted and blind. Worst yet I am rejecting your grace and forgetting that you have already cleansed me of my past sins.

The Father response….. “It is the sins in your life that I have already forgiven you for but you keep revisiting them. I am trying to melt the mountains in your life and you keep just telling to them to move. You can tell the mountain to move and they just move back or to the side and you still see them. It is in my presence that I will destroy the mountains in your life.”

God I need your presence to melt the mountain called fear, this mountain called rejection, this mountain called disappointment, this mountain called hurt.

Daddy I have to grab hold of your Goodness. I have to grab hold to the Knowledge of your word. I have to activate self-control and not allow my emotions to get the best of me. I have to persevere under this PRESSURE! DADDY, HELP ME! I have to have Godly character and mutual affection. I must embrace your love and walk in it. I need these mountains to MELT!

The Father’s response…. “You have to get in my presence.”

I have to stay in your presence in order for the mountain to melt? Daddy I need your presence to be so thick in my life that it melts all the mountains of despair, hurt, fear, and internal oppression. I want every mountain to begin to dissipate and eventually be completely overwhelmed.

As the mountains are overwhelmed by your presence I will have that joy I am longing for.

The Father's response.... Psalms 16:11 states that in my presence is fullness of joy. That joy is your strength to press, push and pursue.

So daddy it’s me again standing in need. I can not look at anyone else. I need you father and this my letter you.



1 comment:

Alisa said...

What a wonderful letter. I could have been the writer. My world is so dark. If only I could hear those words from the father. You are so blessed and a blessing to those you touch. I appreciate everything you have ever done, and said to me. The world needs more people like you.